Atrix HD - will you jump?

1. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

I am going to be upgrading on Sunday when the new Atrix HD comes out. I know it's not as strong of an "upgrade" as I would have liked or that we have all dreamed about, but it's dual 1.5 has LTE connectivity, bigger better screen and camera and my Atrix 4G is starting to show it's age, so I think it's probably time.

What say the masses?

Advertisement
    :
  2. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

I am wanting to jump and get it but my update isint till after so i will probably by it full price
  3. John I

John I Well-Known Member

The new Galaxy S III looks amazing. To me it is a lot more desirable than the Atrix HD. Not only does it have better specs and features, it has the facial recognition and/or voice recognition for unlocking. The one thing I will miss most about the Atrix is the fingerprint reader. I don't want to have to go back to a code or swype to unlock. This is the next best thing with a huge screen.

John
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

The new Atrix HD does look nice. I will be sticking with my Atrix 4G though, since its been working just fine, have the finger print scanner and I have the lapdock. (Which I use every day for work and home.)
  5. Rhouse

Rhouse Well-Known Member

Next nexus phone seems like the most logical upgrade to me, especially seeing how well galaxy nexus has done. The only thing that would maybe change my mind would be the fingerprint scanner, but it looks like that was a one time thing. I dont really understand why though its such a brilliant idea.
  6. strike1nc

strike1nc Member

Anyone on ATT get the new Atrix HD yesterday? If yes want to give us a quick run down of what you think? I'm not to impressed with our Atrix picture quality now how is the new one?

Thanks in Advance!
  7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Here is the link to the Atrix HD.
    There is some discussion/review of the HD in there.
    Motorola Atrix HD - Android Forums
  8. dagarland

dagarland Member

Does it have the random reboot problem? I can't imagine trusting Mot anytime soon after what I've been through with the Atrix 4G...
  9. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

This was one of the problems from upgrading to GB from Froyo. It doesn't happen to all headset though. (At least for me.) Atrix HD should be ok. Just wait a month or two and any problems will be posted here in the forums.
  10. omnius

omnius Well-Known Member

Lord no. The summer line up looks like crap. The s3 is yet another Samsung story of a phone encased in the flimsiest cheap plastic they could find. This fall/winter brings the new Google branded line up, the all new and highly anticipated wp8 and the ip5. You'd be certifiable to use an upgrade now.
  11. omnius

omnius Well-Known Member

Don't do it. This fall 3 different OS are releasing next gen stuff. Hold off a few months
  12. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

The s3 is nicer I love the slickness but I have always liked the atrix
  13. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Threads merged for similar content.
  14. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Not now. I would rather get the new Razr.
  15. wildcatsa1fan

wildcatsa1fan New Member

After fixong my reboot problem I will not be switching any time soon!! Atrix 4g very very nice phone!! Contract up in Nov but in no hurry to lock into 2 years again!!