• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix HD - will you jump?

shalemail

Android Expert
Jul 21, 2010
Under your bed
I am going to be upgrading on Sunday when the new Atrix HD comes out. I know it's not as strong of an "upgrade" as I would have liked or that we have all dreamed about, but it's dual 1.5 has LTE connectivity, bigger better screen and camera and my Atrix 4G is starting to show it's age, so I think it's probably time.

What say the masses?

The new Galaxy S III looks amazing. To me it is a lot more desirable than the Atrix HD. Not only does it have better specs and features, it has the facial recognition and/or voice recognition for unlocking. The one thing I will miss most about the Atrix is the fingerprint reader. I don't want to have to go back to a code or swype to unlock. This is the next best thing with a huge screen.

John

Upvote 0
Next nexus phone seems like the most logical upgrade to me, especially seeing how well galaxy nexus has done. The only thing that would maybe change my mind would be the fingerprint scanner, but it looks like that was a one time thing. I dont really understand why though its such a brilliant idea.

Upvote 0
dagarland;[URL="tel:4692972" said:
4692972[/URL]]Does it have the random reboot problem? I can't imagine trusting Mot anytime soon after what I've been through with the Atrix 4G...

This was one of the problems from upgrading to GB from Froyo. It doesn't happen to all headset though. (At least for me.) Atrix HD should be ok. Just wait a month or two and any problems will be posted here in the forums.

Upvote 0
The new Galaxy S III looks amazing. To me it is a lot more desirable than the Atrix HD. Not only does it have better specs and features, it has the facial recognition and/or voice recognition for unlocking. The one thing I will miss most about the Atrix is the fingerprint reader. I don't want to have to go back to a code or swype to unlock. This is the next best thing with a huge screen.

John

The s3 is nicer I love the slickness but I have always liked the atrix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones