• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Atrix Rooted

The locked bootloader is still an issue just because it is rooted doesnt mean you can get full roms on it. The roms will all have to be based of the rom on it now so it will be difficult to make dramatic changes

Oh and I am staying Inspire and K struck if you really like the inspire I would stay with it as well..

this was posted by you...

I have always liked HTC since the Tilt1 and Tilt2 that I had. As far as the EVo being the worst phone with the most problems, obviously you have never had the pleasure of owning the Captivate...holy sh*t that phone sucked. Couln't wait to get rid of it. I would have traded that POS for an EVO any day.

Upvote 0
Yea the bootloader is still locked, it just roots so you can modify the files and what not. But if the kernel is f'd up by motorola you're still stuck with that. But, I highly doubt that they would mess up the kernel. I am not big on motorola phones with android on them so I've no clue how good their kernels are or are not. However, it is still nice now you can get rid of the att bloatware on it, which is great!! :D

Upvote 0
Yea the bootloader is still locked, it just roots so you can modify the files and what not. But if the kernel is f'd up by motorola you're still stuck with that. But, I highly doubt that they would mess up the kernel. I am not big on motorola phones with android on them so I've no clue how good their kernels are or are not. However, it is still nice now you can get rid of the att bloatware on it, which is great!! :D

Locked bootloader not with standing, the Motorola Atrix is still on my radar for sometime this Spring or early Summer. I have a Motorola Droid X - which is maybe my favorite phone - and it also has a locked & encrypted bootloader, and I have the Liberty v2.0 rom installed on it, along with a theme. Granted, that's "rom" in quotation marks, but hell - it looks good, runs good and is VERY fast. If they can do similar work with the Atrix, it becomes very appealing to me. It all depends on what kind of a deal I can swing for the phone, at the time I'm ready to go. It's either the Atrix or the Motorola Bionic, over on Verizon.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones