• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix Suddenly Lifeless

I have no idea what happened but one moment it worked and I went to pick it up 10 minutes later and it was non-responsive. It has no power going to it but I know its at more than half battery. I removed the battery and sim card and replaced them. I held the volume down button and then hit the power button to try and initiate the reset but nothing. I plugged it into the wall charger and nothing. My phone has gone completely dead, no sign of life.

I got it from radio shack a day or two after it came out so hopefully I can go back to them and if they cant fix it I could get a replacement. Do you think they would just replace it on the spot or force me to get a refurb or repair? That would be shitty its only been one month. Any suggestions on bringing this back to life would be great! Thank you!

It does absolutely nothing. No LED light nothing and the battery was at 75% when this happened.

I got the phone on Feb 22nd and seeing as its a little after a month AT@T said they won't give me a new one. :( I feel very cheated seeing as I baby my phone and its flawless and now I get some refurb that I have no idea how it was used previously.

Does anyone know how the refurb phone usually are? the tech said most of them are phones that "customers returned within a few days because they did not like them." but I don't believe that for a second.

Upvote 0
It does absolutely nothing. No LED light nothing and the battery was at 75% when this happened.

I got the phone on Feb 22nd and seeing as its a little after a month AT@T said they won't give me a new one. :( I feel very cheated seeing as I baby my phone and its flawless and now I get some refurb that I have no idea how it was used previously.

Does anyone know how the refurb phone usually are? the tech said most of them are phones that "customers returned within a few days because they did not like them." but I don't believe that for a second.

Well considering that the Atrix was only out on the Market for just over 6 weeks, that might be one of the reasons. Another one is that people returned it because it was defective and Moto would fixed it and send it out as a refurbish phone.

Upvote 0
Even a "fixed" refurbished phone can have problems and usually they do. I know I will get it and it will probably lag or the previous user pressed the screen so hard that my light taps won't register or whatever else could go wrong. Going back to my old phone has been killer seeing as it is slightly defective itself. I am just ranting, I have never had any electronic device go bad on me before and as a computer tech I have had a lot of electronic devices lol. Guess my luck just ran out.

Upvote 0
I received my Refurb phone. It physically looks great but as I feared it has an issue. If I restart the phone the 4 touch sensitive buttons do not light up unless I lock and unlock the phone. This happens anytime I restart the phone and it has already restarted on me once automatically (not sure if an app did it for an update or if it was random).

I got my original phone on Feb 22nd and litterally a month and 2 weeks later it completely dies, not rooted or anything. Maybe a blown capacitor.

So...do I send this one back or do I start getting angry and aim for a new phone? Do I yell at RadioShack (bought it from them) or ATT?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones