• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix vs Inspire

After some thinking, ive decided to wait for the atrix, even if I have to wait till march, in the end it will be worth it, now granted if the inspire comes out soon I will be tempted but I think the atrix is the perfect phone for me, perfect size and all the specs I need, even though I'd probably get used to it the inspire IS big lol. Cmon att just release these phones already!

Upvote 0
After some thinking, ive decided to wait for the atrix, even if I have to wait till march, in the end it will be worth it, now granted if the inspire comes out soon I will be tempted but I think the atrix is the perfect phone for me, perfect size and all the specs I need, even though I'd probably get used to it the inspire IS big lol. Cmon att just release these phones already!

Agreed. Despite the potential 2nd rate update rating, i think the Atrix is just more future-proof...

Upvote 0
It baffles me that people complain so much about custom UI's when you can change them at any time with various launchers. Only thing you should truly be worried about is getting the updates as soon as possible as it takes longer to make updates with the UI.

On a slow phone, like my Backflip, it actually does matter. Even with an alternate launcher, the integrated parts still slow it down.

Upvote 0
You guys can say the specs won't be needed and that would be true if you're basing it on current technology. You have to think ahead and pretty soon, specs like the Atrix will become common standard and it'll still be a player in the game when other phones like the Inspire and Desire HD have fallen to the wayside. How much longer will the 1ghz snapdragon be able to keep up with the ever fast changing landscape of phone technology? Maybe not too long but fortunately the Atrix will.

Upvote 0
You guys can say the specs won't be needed and that would be true if you're basing it on current technology. You have to think ahead and pretty soon, specs like the Atrix will become common standard and it'll still be a player in the game when other phones like the Inspire and Desire HD have fallen to the wayside. How much longer will the 1ghz snapdragon be able to keep up with the ever fast changing landscape of phone technology? Maybe not too long but fortunately the Atrix will.

at least another year hence the Nexus S

Upvote 0
Still Atrix for me, but the battery actually scares me a bit. I am no expert on batteries but the fact they thought they had to put in this monster power plant in makes me wonder how much juice this thing will need and how long it will last.

I currently own the Captivate and I am lucky to get through the work day without throwing the darn thing on the charger. I am looking forward to having my phone last a full day until I charge it overnight.

Upvote 0
Still Atrix for me, but the battery actually scares me a bit. I am no expert on batteries but the fact they thought they had to put in this monster power plant in makes me wonder how much juice this thing will need and how long it will last.

I currently own the Captivate and I am lucky to get through the work day without throwing the darn thing on the charger. I am looking forward to having my phone last a full day until I charge it overnight.

being a previous captivate owner thats not normal you should get that looked at

Upvote 0
Damn, I just noticed that the Inspire doesn't have a kickstand like the Evo and Thunderbolt do. What's up with that?

Really, just one more piece of moving hardware to break or wear out. That is why I don't like moving parts like a kickstand or Keyboard on my phones. That kickstand felt really flimsy on the EVO when I handled it.

Upvote 0
Y'all are hurting my feelings, haha. I had my Captivate in a plane and was wishing I had a kickstand. Watching movies is much easier with it than holding the phone for 2 hours.

The kickstand would look a little gimmicky to me. If I'm on the plane watching a movie on my Atrix phone it will be while in the laptop dock. Or use my iPad or Honeycomb tablet when they come out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones