ATT compatible?

Last Updated:

1. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the unlocked Nexus One a couple months after it came out, I was already on T-Mobile so I just inserted my sim and I was good. Well sometimes I get frustrated with T-Mobile's spotty 3g. So I thought about switching to ATT but I was told I can't because I need an ATT version phone. Well I just checked my mobile networks in settings and it gives me the option to register to T-Mobile or ATT. Obviously I can't use ATT cause I'm not with them but does this mean I can actually switch to ATT?

Advertisement
  2. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

You can use the phone on at&t network however you wont have the radio necessary to get 3g data speed unless you get the at&t version of the nexus one.

3. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

Isn't At&t supposed to have a even worse network than Tmobile? That's what I hear.. ok I know it depends on location but still :D

4. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

Not at all. ATT has a far more robust and much more complete 3g coverage over t-mobile. Just look at the maps. It's not even close.

So yes you can use your nexus on gsm, but it will not get ATT 3g unless you get the correct nexus.