ATT NOTE3..Kit Kat 4.4.2 is out.. does Kingo rooting tool support that?

1. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yesterday.. ATT released the upgrade to Kit Kat 4.4.2.
    I have not accepted the Kit Kat upgrade yet... worried about not able to root afterwards

I would think ATT has also included a new block to stop rooting.
    does Kingo rooting tool still work?

are there other rooting tools that are available?

Advertisement
  2. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

My T-Mobile version didn't work with Kingo on 4.4.2. In fact it started to boot loop on me over and over. Had to take the battery out, put it back in, then boot to odin mode and use another app to reapply 4.4.2 just to stop it from looping.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

I didn't know it worked with 442 aka KitKat . maybe try safe root all you need is a recovery safestrap or cwm
  4. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

I wonder if that safe root will work now after we got that update to kitkat. To tell you the truth I don't see what is so great about this kitkat. I think the 4.3 was better.
  5. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

There is no root available on the AT&T Note 3 or the S4 post the 4.4.2 update. Plus you can't downgrade to rootable 4.3 because of the updated and locked bootloader. I work for a company which provides rooting services and we have tons of customers calling in to ask for a way out.
    dan330 likes this.
  6. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

And saferoot won't work.. Neither will kingo. There's a bounty in xda for the bootloader unlock and the day that is out, you should be able to root.. Either via chain fire's auto root or via a custom recovery