• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ATT SG3 Update outside USA

jabardast

Aug 23, 2013
I have an ATT SG3 I747. Most of time I am outside USA so I asked ATT to unlock it. We have Enterprise contract with ATT so they did that quite easily.

I was told in another thread that for OTA to work, you should have US ATT SIM/Signal in your phone.
Obviously it won't work in my case.
I tried doing update via Kies but it didn't detect any updates. I am running 4.1.1 now.
I checked with USA Samsung support and they told - "Since your phone is unlocked, it will not receive any updates. It's Samsung policy"

Any body else in same boat as me ?

What should I do to get Stock update for my phone..

I have an ATT SG3 I747. Most of time I am outside USA so I asked ATT to unlock it. We have Enterprise contract with ATT so they did that quite easily.

I was told in another thread that for OTA to work, you should have US ATT SIM/Signal in your phone.
Obviously it won't work in my case.
I tried doing update via Kies but it didn't detect any updates. I am running 4.1.1 now.
I checked with USA Samsung support and they told - "Since your phone is unlocked, it will not receive any updates. It's Samsung policy"

Any body else in same boat as me ?

What should I do to get Stock update for my phone..
Download the latest .tar (firmware) file for your model from sammobile and install it from your PC using Odin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones