ATT warranty serviceSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-11 21:24:17
  1. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used ATT's warranty service? Due to a camera issue, they are willing to overnight a refurbushed device. Are refurbished devices ok? Or should I send it to Samsung for repair and be without the phone for a couple of weeks? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I've had a few occasions to deal with them. The nice part is you get a working phone very quickly. And they honor your original warranty with the refurb. If you live close enough to an AT&T service center, you can just walk in and swap it.

The only catch is you have to give them a credit card number in case you don't send the original phone back, but they do even send you a pre-paid shipping label, so there's no money out of pocket.
  3. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. So are refurbished phones usually in pretty good shape or are you getting someone else's problem? I forgot to ask how long you have until you have to send the device back to them? I would want to make sure the refurbished phone passes muster at least for a week or so.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The ones I've been sent (three in total but only one of them was a smartphone) have been in virtually new condition. They were clean, scratch-free and completely stock. In each case they sent only the phone body (and in the case of a Samsung Eternity that lost the ability to vibrate) they didn't even send a new back cover.

If I recall, you have 10 days for them to get the replacement before they charge your card, but I may be wrong on that point.
    fldude99 likes this.