Attaching files to Gmail from Google DriveSupport

Last Updated:

1. sershh

sershh Member

When in the Gmail app, if you're composing an email and want to add an attachment the only options that I have are Dropbox and Gallery.

Is there a way to add files from Google Drive, other applications or even documents stored on the device without having to go out of the Gmail app??? It does not make sense that they have the Dropbox option instead of the Google Drive option.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Well-Known Member

nope u cant
  3. cantadroid

cantadroid New Member

Nope you can't isn't helpful, but thanks. I would like to find answers on this frustrating issue. Has anyone found anything more enlightening?
  4. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Would you prefer he lie to you? The answer is no.
  5. davilito

davilito New Member

From the drive app go to the file you want to send. Long press the file or press the menu button in the app and select "send". You will have an option to send by gmail.
  6. sershh

sershh Member

Yes, but doing it that way I will only be able to attach one file. If I want to attach several files of different folders of my google drive I need to do it from the Gmail app.... so I've found out this way.

Downloaded ES File Manager and set up the account of Google drive in this app. This way when I attach something to a mail that I am composing in the Gmail app the ES File Manager option comes out. Then I simply navigate to the file into my Google Drive account and ready.
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. dwbtx

dwbtx New Member

Funny, they did lie when they said you cant. Great work around. Thanks!
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

They didn't lie. They just didn't know. A work around is just that. A work around for something you cannot directly do, ergo not everyone knows about it.

To lie is to intentionally misdirect.
  9. dwbtx

dwbtx New Member

Def 3: an inaccurate or false statement;

So not a lie, just to lazy to find the answer? Is that better.
  10. dykm2

dykm2 New Member

Top job! Out with antek, in with ES explorer. Incidentally I just tried astro too. That doesn't let you attach files from drive either.

Es looks like the only option so far.

Or save the file to dropbox then use the mail app instead of gmail app but that is even more round about and the mail app also has its flaws.
  11. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

Android is like Windows. There are usually 13 different ways to perform any one task. Because someone knows one or 12 different ways but not the one that pleases you does not make that person too lazy to find the answer.
  12. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

That's absurd. Neither lying or too lazy. It was what he and everyone else thought was the answer at the time. Apparently you are the one that is too lazy to find it yourself since you're here whining about it.