• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Attempted to install Beanstalk custom firmware with Gapps and it didn't work.. How do I proceed..

podgemk

Lurker
Feb 15, 2015
Tried to install beanstalk to my S4 SGH-M919 following this tutorial.
http://www.teamandroid.com/2015/01/...oid-5-0-lollipop-beanstalk-custom-firmware/1/
I used Odin 3.07 to install clockworkmod (T_CWM_6.0.4.4_TMo) and then used that to install BeanStalk-5.0005-20141229-jfltetmo and gapps-kk-20140105-signed from my sd card.
I did a factory reset, wiped the cache partition and wiped dalvik cache according to the tutorial.
I rebooted and after a while of watching the beanstalk boot animation I got an error saying either the install wizard had failed or stopped working or "System UI has stopped"..
I had backed up using CWM but when I tried to restore I get an MD5 mismatch error.
So now I'm stuck..
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go and do anything to permanently brick my phone so your advice would be really helpful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones