ATTN: All unlocked Captivate users

Last Updated:

1. srslyfresh

srslyfresh Member This Topic's Starter

I unlocked my Captivate a few days after the unlock came out and have been using it flawlessly for the last month or so. Well, my extra batteries came in last night so I kept taking the batteries in and out, powering the phone on and off. Then I used the new battery 'til it died and when I turned it back on, the SIM lock was on again. So I had to go through the process this morning again to unlock it.

Tip: don't power on and off your unlocked Captivates too much/frequently. It'll lock up again!

Advertisement
    Sutakira and dOGHAIR like this.
  2. shortee611

shortee611 Member

Its happened a couple of times to me too. I just wrote down the unlock code and unfreeze code on a small piece off paper and taped it to the inside off the battery cover. In case it ever happens while I"m away from home and have a locked phone suddenly.

Sutakira likes this.
  3. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was unaware that a phone could re-lock itself.

4. shortee611

shortee611 Member

The first day I had the phone I unlocked it played around with it for a couple of hours rooted and did a lag fix. After a reboot later on that night it was locked. I just figured it was from being flashed. The other day I let the battery drain all the way till it shut off, plugged it in but didn't turn it back on. In the morning when i turned it on it was locked again. Not a big deal if you have the lock code with you.

5. Gipson

Gipson Well-Known Member

Mine got locked while doing the lag fix too