• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Attn: Creative types/artists

King Stampede

Jul 18, 2010
CROSSTOWN // situated at opposite points of a town

I am putting together a magazine of everything Art.

The magazine is called CROSSTOWN and will consist of pictures, paintings, screen printed posters, drawings etc from all over our great nation and world. Pretty much whatever is submitted to the magazine will go in. It's up to those who submit work how it will turn out in terms of content.

I graduated last year from the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago where I earned my BFA in Visual Communications but after a year of no luck on the job search I decided to get creative and start CROSSTOWN. My main motivation behind the magazine is to help artists network with other artists and hopefully get some kind of movement going.

It's all about communication and I would like to help out all you other creative types get your work exposed to a larger audience. Sure, you can make a online portfolio but in my opinion nothing beats the feel of a magazine. The feel of the paper, the colors of ink, and the overall package. Your work will NOT be laid out with no thought given. I have experience with form and layout and will make sure your section of the magazine will be well designed and well thought out. I plan on making some nice packaging as well.

There will be 2 issues a year. I plan on having the first issue out in February of 2011 and the second one in November 2011 but if everything goes to plan and I get enough submissions then I can definitely see more than 2 issues a year coming out.

I am funding it myself so those who submit work will not have to pay for anything. I would just need super high res scans of your work emailed to me as well as whatever contact information you feel comfortable sharing with everyone else. A bio, a self image of yourself, and a paragraph or two describing yourself.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me at wegocrosstown @ gmail.com and I can go into further details.

Let's get going...

- Daniel

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones