• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ATT's price point for the atrix

Crude

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2009
Nexusville
Just checked it out on their website 199$ with a 2 year contract. No surprise there.

Laptop dock for the atrix $299 AFTER mail in rebate.

So the dock will cost you more then the phone. Forget that....they aren't going to unload many of those docks.

Bionic is at this point at least on the same level. I'm just not sure I want a phone that big.

I'm expecting the Bionic to be $199 on contract after mail in rebate, so $299 if you walk into a Verizon store on day 1. As for screen size, it's an issue blown out of proportion. I used a Nexus One for a very long time before I purchased a Droid X. It's larger but it's nowhere near approaching the point where it's a problem, that's absurd. You'd have to have hands that have trouble covering a computer mouse to have problems with a 4.3 inch phone screen. It's only slightly larger than a 3.7 inch but people act like it's the difference between a 30 and 70 inch TV.

Upvote 0
FYI...

Reports claim that Amazon and Radio Shack (possibly Costco as well) are selling it for $149

Walmart has it for $129

2 yr price of course ...

Is that the phone or the dock? If it's the phone then it's still more then $400 for the phone and dock...with a two year contract.

I'm not worried about the size of the screen, but the phone is in no way a "sleek" phone. It's seriously a brick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones