ATV-108 f16ref - no video

Last Updated: 2013-05-01 17:11:22
  1. boostpt

boostpt Member

hello.

I bought this box last year, but I have a problem now.
    The box has the firmware 20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip
    Everything went fine till last week.
    I don't know what's happened, but there is no video output for the tv.
    No HDMI video reaches the tv
    When I connect it trough the AV port, the tv screen flashes with some boot logos when the box is booting, but I can not read nothing. When finish booting there is no image at all on the screen.

I think that the firmware is corrupted. Maybe I tried to install something that went wrong, but I don't really remember.

So as I can't see nothing trough tv screen, How can I reinstall the firmware? I'm completely blind.
    I can go to the upgrade mode (by pressing reset and connect the power), but after that I cant see the options to choose the .zip file to upgrade.
    I know that I'm on that menu, but it flashes so fast that I can read to choose the option to reinstall firmware.

can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. stane1983

stane1983 Well-Known Member Developer

Hi,

First, you should check your HDMI connection (both cable and TV side) if it works with other device. On A/V you're receiving scrambled output because TV output mode is set to 720p or 1080p resolution you used for HDMI and analogue video (composite) can provide you only with 480i/576i resolution.

So, basically, scrambled picture on TV over A/V cable is ok - device is working :)
  3. boostpt

boostpt Member

Hello
    I already checked the connections. I opened the box to check if all components were ok. And it seems that they are.
    I already switched hdmi cables and tvs. So the problem is not the cable or the tv. Is the video output.
    Is there any thing I can do to fix it?
    Reinstall the firmware will fix it? How can I reinstall it blindly?
    I need help.
  4. boostpt

boostpt Member

hi again

I made progresses.
    I made a bootable sd card with a linux PC and I now can access trough AV. It's not working great, but is the minimal required with 576i resolution.
    But HDMI still don't work. Is there any thing to fix it?
    Any patch, any update? anything?

thanks
  5. boostpt

boostpt Member

any one can help me?
    Stane?
  6. boostpt

boostpt Member

O opened my box and I found this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366902196.316439.jpg
    It's toasted..
    Anyone knows what's is this for?
    Any fix?
  7. stane1983

stane1983 Well-Known Member Developer

I'll forward this to Visson engineer, will see what he has to say...

Regards,
    Stane1983
  8. boostpt

boostpt Member

Thanks