1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Audible notification for missed calls

Last Updated:

1. jayatea

jayatea New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to get an audible notification for a missed call. I have tried the "Missed Call" application but it doesn't seem to give an audible notification. It will vibrate. I have a Nexus One and am really disappointed that this function isn't available on what is supposed to be a great phone.:(

Advertisement
  2. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

I downloaded Easy Reminder a few days ago and so far it seems to be working nicely. I had the same issues as you with Missed Calls, mind you it worked great until the latest update.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

If you're already using Tasker you can setup the Missed Notification Reminder set of profiles that I uploaded to the Wiki. It also handles notifications of SMS, Gmail, Google Voice, and I'm putting the final touches on Calendar.

4. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

I tried these. They did not work. My phone is rooted so it might have something to do with that.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Which phone are you using? I'm finding that subtle differences from one phone model to another can affect these profiles. Specifically, the profiles are triggered by notifications from certain apps, and application contexts. If the internal name of the app is even slightly different, the profiles won't work. They can be easily modified to work, but they may not work as is. The profiles were developed on/for a Motorola Droid - about as close to stock Android as you can get. Things like missed call and SMS notification should work fine though, since these are handled differently.

6. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

^^ERIS^^ No biggee. Found an app that will do this.