• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audible notification for missed calls

jayatea

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Does anyone know how to get an audible notification for a missed call. I have tried the "Missed Call" application but it doesn't seem to give an audible notification. It will vibrate. I have a Nexus One and am really disappointed that this function isn't available on what is supposed to be a great phone.:(

I tried these. They did not work. My phone is rooted so it might have something to do with that.

Which phone are you using? I'm finding that subtle differences from one phone model to another can affect these profiles. Specifically, the profiles are triggered by notifications from certain apps, and application contexts. If the internal name of the app is even slightly different, the profiles won't work. They can be easily modified to work, but they may not work as is. The profiles were developed on/for a Motorola Droid - about as close to stock Android as you can get. Things like missed call and SMS notification should work fine though, since these are handled differently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones