• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Audible Selection" Sound suddenly very quiet

It's that little "tick" sound you hear when you press an icon on the home page, or hit something on a menu, or click a link, etc. Mine is suddenly about 1/3 the volume it used to be. I checked the settings and I can turn it off in Sounds & Display...Audible Selection but I don't see any adjustment for the volume of it.

The only thing new in the past few days is that I got both the desk dock and car dock (the "quiet tick" problem is when it's not docked though).

Rebooted with no luck. Any ideas welcome.

Incredible owner here. Was having the same problem and found this thread -- very helpful, thanks!

Don't know if this applies to the Nexus One, but on my Incredible, it seems that the "Audible Selection" volume is governed by both the System Volume and Media Volume. (I'm modulating these volume settings using AudioManager from the market.)

The effects of the two volume settings appear to be additive, not redundant. If Media Volume is set to max, you can get even louder clicks by setting System Volume to max as well.

Upvote 0
Incredible owner here. Was having the same problem and found this thread -- very helpful, thanks!

Don't know if this applies to the Nexus One, but on my Incredible, it seems that the "Audible Selection" volume is governed by both the System Volume and Media Volume. (I'm modulating these volume settings using AudioManager from the market.)

The effects of the two volume settings appear to be additive, not redundant. If Media Volume is set to max, you can get even louder clicks by setting System Volume to max as well.

That seems really odd.. maybe there's some complex mindset behind this but just maybe, this wasn't intentional. Maybe if you report it to google they'll fix it or at least provide some clarification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones