1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Audio books, help.

Last Updated:

1. urban1

urban1 Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening all. I am trying to listed to some audio books. The books are in MP3 format and I have downloaded all 3 book players listed in the market (one I even paid for).

The problem is that the books will play for a little bit (sometimes several minutes, sometimes only seconds) and the player will stop and exit.

A possible problem might be the headphone adapter, and I will buy a new one, but I don't think it very likely. When I play music, I don't have the problem at all.

Does anyone else use any of these players? Can anyone think of anything strange with audio books that might cause the problem?

I'd appreciate any answers and suggestions anyone can come up with.

Thanks,

Bob

MyTouch 3g, Android 1.6

Advertisement
  2. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

I use Astro Player Beta, works really nice, a great program and the book marking capability makes it worthwhile.

I have had only issues while I am working out and the heat from my skin gets trapped by the arm band and my Droid pauses to cool down (at least that is my theory)

3. urban1

urban1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I'll try Astro again. The last time I had difficulties selecting a book but there have been numerous updates.

Bob

4. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member

FWIW, the astro player interface is a bit sparse, so it can be a bit hard to figure out. Here's what I usually do:

If the book is more than one file, make sure it is in a seperate folder.

In Astro, click the "+" button. If it is a single file, just navigate to it and select it. If it is a folder that you want to add, use the scroll wheel to highlight it and tap the "select folder" button. This will read teh entire folder and add it as a single entity that you can listen to, and open as a single entity using the folder button on the Astro main screen.

HTH

Cad

5. smegoul

smegoul Active Member

I use MortPlayer for my audio books. I especially love the fact that I can program a "backup" time when I hit pause or stop. Mine is set to 10 seconds. Gives me a bit of context when I restart.

6. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Do the audio MP3 files show up in your music player as well?

7. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member

Yes they do. Once you import the folder, if you chose that playlist/folder as what you are going to play, it shows all the files in that folder.

BTW, I have tried Mortplayer and if definitely has some really nice features. I would try both and see which you like.

Cad

8. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Cool...once imported do they still show in your music player as I would not want that? Thanks.

9. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member

I'm not sure I understand the question. Once you import the folder, you can then tell astroplayer which folder you want to play sound files from. At that point, all the files in that folder appear in the interface. If you switch folders, the list of files changes.

Does that help?

Cad

10. Encinitas

Encinitas Member

How can I upload an mp3 audiobook to my computer then merge into 1 file to put on the Incredible like I do iTunes. All the programs I know convert mp3 books to itunes audiobooks!

11. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I am rather partial to Meridan player. I bought the pro version so I could specifically listen to m4a audio books but mp3 books will work too. You just have to be careful that you tag them to play in order. It is a really nice player IMO.