• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help audio cracky after update?

blank

Nov 7, 2009
I don't know if this has been covered, I'm on break at work and on my droid, so I really can't search, but I'm listening to music via my droid for the first time since the update, and I nooticed that the audio is cracking a lot, which I never noticed before the update.

Anyone else having the problem? Maybe I just to a hard restart on my phone(yutn off take battery out)?

I don't know if this has been covered, I'm on break at work and on my droid, so I really can't search, but I'm listening to music via my droid for the first time since the update, and I nooticed that the audio is cracking a lot, which I never noticed before the update.

Anyone else having the problem? Maybe I just to a hard restart on my phone(yutn off take battery out)?
im just the opposite, i think the update cured my crackling audio problem:D

Upvote 0
my audio crackles on two occasions:

1) phone volume turned all the way up. i turn it down a notch or two and it goes away.

2) i have a lot of apps running and little memory left. i use task killer to kill everything I am not using and it goes away.

Is it possible that after your update, a volume setting has changed or you are running more apps than before?

Upvote 0
my audio crackles on two occasions:

1) phone volume turned all the way up. i turn it down a notch or two and it goes away.

2) i have a lot of apps running and little memory left. i use task killer to kill everything I am not using and it goes away.

Is it possible that after your update, a volume setting has changed or you are running more apps than before?

i think it limits you on how many apps you can run at the same time (automatically closes them after x amount is open, right?) and basically its the same programs i always used. So i dunno

Upvote 0
i think it limits you on how many apps you can run at the same time (automatically closes them after x amount is open, right?) and basically its the same programs i always used. So i dunno

I think the Droid's memory management includes shutting down some apps when memory gets too low. The question would be whether or not that threshold is above or below the point where it might cause your audio to crackle.

When you notice it, run a task killer (I use Advanced Task Killer) and kill everything except your music app and see if the crackle goes away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones