Audio delay on calls?

Last Updated:

1. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I've started to recognize a peculiar problem. During a phone conversation on my Hero, I will start talking, and the other person will start talking just after that (maybe a second or two), then they stop, as they apparently now hear me "interrupting" them. In other words, to them, they started talking first, then I start...but to me, I started talking first! (No, I am not purposely interrupting them) It's hard to describe, but it seems that there may be a delay in my audio getting to them. It seems to happen with all callers. Did I make this clear?

Now, I am wondering if this happens when I am away from home as well, as I use an Airave device at home.

Does anyone else experience this? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to test this? Or a solution?

Advertisement
  2. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Call yourself on your home phone or someone else's and listen to your yourself talk... There is always some delay, but it should not be that noticeable.

Have you changed your slot cycle indexing? I wonder if that has any effect as it does on the ring/communication to towers... Any TECH's out there want to elaborate?

Regards
    :cool:

JB in AZ likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try some testing over the next few days, and report back.

Yes, I have changed my slot cycle, but only in the last week. I have observed this behavior both before and after the change. But good thought.

Anyone else experience this or have any more ideas?

I wish I had someone nearby with a Hero to compare this with side by side. My wife is not ready to upgrade yet. Maybe when 2.1 hits?

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

What's this "slot cycle" supposed to do?

5. JB in AZ

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I had this on my old flip Nextel i850. It's normal I think.

7. godfatherrules

godfatherrules Member

Are you using Google Voice? I do and I get the same thing but that's been a known issue since it came out because all the calls are routed through Google servers.

8. JB in AZ

Good point, and thanks! I do use GV, but only once in a while (only to Land lines M-F 7AM-7PM to avoid using anytime minutes) I seems I get this delay on almost all calls. I'm still working on determing when and more details about how it happens.

9. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I get this using the normal cellular connection. I think it's just the delay in the time it takes to communicate with the towers and transfer the data back and forth. Like I said, I used to get this a lot (every call) on my old Nextel flip brick.