• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Audio Feedback Galaxy S4

Otherwise known as audio farting.....

What rom and kernel are you using?

Personally I get this only when listening to music saved on my phone, through headphones, and screen off. All other music playback i.e. streaming and/or via Bluetooth seems fart free!

Personally I found things much better on kt kernel using the following profile http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=55212940

Hawker is our resident clever chappy who I'm sure will have other tweaking suggestions

Reactions: Glenstable
Upvote 0
Screenshot of the "about" screen, phone is 18 months old and stock, no rooting, but after reading these threads it might be soon.

Attachments

• 1409863046779.jpg
    1409863046779.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
Hawker, I wanna try using a screen off profile to see if it helps with my faring problem. There ain't an option to do this in googymax stweaks. If I have setcpu installed as well, and only change the profile in that app, is it likely to conflict? Should I freeze stweaks and just use set cpu?

Upvote 0
I've not used SetCPU since my S2 days Syd, so I wouldn't know.

Are you getting rectal retorts on KT and Alucard too?
The following has always worked for me to get rid of any trouser coughs:

KT:
* Never had any pocket frogs using ondemand or interactive
* Used to experience eggy chuffs on ktoonservativeq, but after setting disable_hotplug_bt=1 and disable_hotplug_media=1 its been 100% flatulence-free

Alucard/Googy:
I used to get air biscuits constantly even after no end of messing with hotplugging options, but has been bereft of bottom burps for a good 6 weeks or so now since recent kernel versions. As you're still experiencing googy guffs then I would suggest changing hotplugging to possibly msm_hotplug and msm hotplug booster to 2 cores boosted. Sched_mc is another possibility. Might also be worth tweaking your internal/external read-ahead depending on where you're playing your music from. It's a case of fiddling until anal announcements are reduced or eliminated.

If your S4 is still squeezing out smelly shards even after all this, then for test purposes at least, it would be worth trying another ROM (eg. SlimKat/SlimSaberKat or even, heaven forbid, a TW ROM!)

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones