• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help audio file through email

whtteg

Jun 24, 2010
NE GA
I tried to email my Gmail account 3 small mp3 files for a ringtone. NOw my question is when I get the email it only will give me the option to preview, I can not save it to the phone?? Am I doing something wrong? I have sent pictures through email and saved them to the phone with no problems.

I would like to be able to do it this way to avoid connecting the phone tp the PC. Any suggestions?

Don't know why GMail won't save, but if you have another email account set up, they will. I just sent one to my Comcast account on the phone, long press the attachment icon and it saves to the SD card. Then used the native File Manager that comes with the Droid X (Files app)to move the file from the Messaging folder to the media / ringtones on the SD card.

Reactions: whtteg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones