Audio from apeaker

Last Updated:

1. DOOG9517

DOOG9517 Active Member

How do I listen to my videos and or music using the phone's speaker? I figure its probly something simple, but I cant figure it out! I'd like to be able to listen at my desk at work. Thanks in advance.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You need to make sure the media volume it up and that you are not using an app that is disabling your media volume when you're at work.

The curious thing is that the volume switch usually manipulates the ringer volume, but only after you start a music track or video will it then change to manipulate the media volume. if you try before starting those multimedia apps, then you'll only be changing the ringer volume, which is independent of the media volume.

Also, like I said, check for apps that are automatically turning volumes down based upon location / situation, etc.

DOOG9517 likes this.
  3. DOOG9517

DOOG9517 Active Member

The sound is coming from the ear piece.

4. johnlgalt

That's definitely not normal - have you tried plugging in a set of headphones, then removing it?

DOOG9517 likes this.
  5. DOOG9517

DOOG9517 Active Member

High Tech is killing me this weekend! Yesterday my Storm2 went on the fritz, and today I'm thinking my Droid is screwed. Anyway I shut the Droid off, turned it on, and lo and behold - it works fine! Thank you John.

6. johnlgalt

lol - glad you got it working, dude.

Enjoy!

DOOG9517 likes this.