Audio from YouTube not routing to BT headset

1. PacificaBren

PacificaBren Well-Known Member

So I finally got around to pairing my old Samsung Bluetooth headset to my Samsung Galaxy S2. Phone calls work just fine, but if I try to watch a video on YouTube or some other, ahem, streaming video site, the audio comes out of my phone's speakers instead of the BT headset.

This SGS2 came from the factory with ICS.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Advertisement
  2. PacificaBren

Oh, I should have mentioned that when I get into my menu settings for Bluetooth, find the device name (Samsung WEP450) and click on the options for that device, it says under Profiles "Connected to phone audio," but there's no option for "media" or apps or whatever like you might expect.

I had no problem routing audio from YouTube videos to this same BT headset on my previous phone, which was a non-Android "feature phone," by the way.
  3. PacificaBren

I kind of doubt that. When I Google this problem, I find enough other users with the same complaint that it probably isn't a hardware failure issue. There just can't be that many people out there with faulty audio circuitry.
  4. PacificaBren

So I seem to be having the same problem with my wired headset. Most curious.

I always choose the video playing app when YouTube or some other site asks me whether I want to play the video using the browser or using the video player. I suppose I should try playing it in the browser and see if that makes any difference.