1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Audio menu blocked in service modeSupport

1. Calico101

Calico101 New Member

Hi All,

As many of us know, the headset volume for the SGS2 is pretty bad. Up to now I had been fixing this manually by going into the service mode and updating the audio settings myself to 100. However, now, probably since the last software update, the audio menu [5] is blocked. Using key input doesn't help either.

Anyone know how to access this menu? The in-call volume is frustratingly low!

Thanks,

Calico

Advertisement
  2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

You are at the right spot. After you go to the menu where it says "Menu is blocked", tap on menu capacitive key, choose to input by key, press "1" and you should go into the menu.
  3. Justinyao

Justinyao Member

Why not change a new headset?
  4. Organon

Organon Well-Known Member

I can't get it to work either.
  5. Russell Ng

Sorry, forgot to add that after tapping on the menu, you get some choices. Have to choose the input by keypad.
  6. Calico101

Calico101 New Member

No - that doesn't work for me anymore. Before the ICS update, I got a 'menu is blocked' message which I just bypassed by using 'key input'. Now that doesn't work either and the message has changed to 'Audio Menu Blocked'.

I think Samsung have made a permanent lock. It's a real bummer because I only use my phone using the headset. The in-call volume level is just too frickin' low!
  7. Russell Ng

Sorry didn't realize you meant on ICS. Don't have ICS myself so don't know how to get it working for you....