Audio mono settingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bloesum

Bloesum Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am looking for a software solution to get mono sound into my earphone. (I am deaf in one ear and thus missing one channel) I could buy a stereo->mono plug or I could buy this 'Super BT Mono Pro' app for $ 6,-. But shouldn't this be a normal setting in such a hightech Android phone? Or an app setting like the VLC desktop player has a mono option. The Super BT Mono Pro app shows it is possible, but I wan't to do it myself. Is it a setting in de Service Mode Menu or will it be an new option in Android 3.0?

BTW: it also ocurred to me that I also didn't come across any balance settings between the 2 stereo channels.

Cheers,

Bloesum

Advertisement
  2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I would very much doubt it. To change from stereo to mono is a downgrade of the sound and not something many people need, or want to do. A balance setting is really used on larger setups to compensate for not being central to the speakers, obviously not something that is a problem with earphones.

The only other option I can think of is to use software to convert the files to mono before you upload them onto your phone.

Hope this helps

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

This is quite a unique situation, so it probably never occurred to the developers that someone may want to use mono instead of the more popular stereo.

4. Mad_Mel

Mad_Mel New Member

One option is to download Equalizer from the market, and crank the Virtualizer effect up to 100%. I have a problem with my g/f's Transformer where it outputs one stereo channel to both headphone channels, which renders music and movies useless. This effect (I think) essentially turns stereo to mono when maxed out to 100%.

From Virtualizer | Android Developers
    The initial reason I downloaded Equalizer is because it lets you crank the volume an extra 15db, which is useful for watching movies on an airplane.

5. PressureDrop

PressureDrop PressureDrop VIP Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015