• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help audio notifications.. and RANT!!!

pb19

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Rant first, which ******* idiotic MORON at SAMSUNG decided that it would be a good idea to install a shitload of audio notifications on to my quiet device GALAXY 10.1 tablet. The sound which include a random bell sound, FOR WHAT???? as well as "folder open" audio whenever I open or close a folder, every time I change the page on the home screen, I get page x of Y ...

I cant find how to turn these ******* sounds off except by turning off all sounds. I have tried every setting I can find in Accessibility, Sounds and Notificatons. So how the **** do I turn them off please tell me?

Finally Tell me who the idiot responsible for this functionality is pleae so I can slowly torture him/her it then drive an axe through the ******* STUPID skull!!!

GT8010 ANDROID V4.1.2

Stuff like that usually comes from Marketing. They do "research" (flipping coins, probably) to determine what "the public" wants. The last time it worked, Oog was knapping spearheads and "determined" that "the public" preferred chert to flint.

(I worked for what was, at the time, one of the largest banks in the world [and still is, I think]. They started a project. Once we got into it, I told my bosses that I really didn't think it was going to pan out. [It was a MUCH TOO early attempt at on-line banking - when no one had heard of the internet yet]. Marketing said it was a "good idea". The project was canceled after we had kind of gotten 2 prototypes to work. Marketing blamed engineering for the failure. They worked as advertised - how was it our fault that no one wanted to do their banking on a "smart" landline phone?)

Upvote 0
Rant first, which ******* idiotic MORON at SAMSUNG decided that it would be a good idea to install a shitload of audio notifications on to my quiet device GALAXY 10.1 tablet. The sound which include a random bell sound, FOR WHAT???? as well as "folder open" audio whenever I open or close a folder, every time I change the page on the home screen, I get page x of Y ...

I cant find how to turn these ******* sounds off except by turning off all sounds. I have tried every setting I can find in Accessibility, Sounds and Notificatons. So how the **** do I turn them off please tell me?

Finally Tell me who the idiot responsible for this functionality is pleae so I can slowly torture him/her it then drive an axe through the ******* STUPID skull!!!

GT8010 ANDROID V4.1.2
ok, so how can this be done??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones