• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio playback randomly stops

swindelljd

Apr 2, 2010
I've been experiencing an issue with the audio playback randomly stopping. At first I thought it was a bug in Pandora, but I have now had it happen in Pandora, Google Listen and the HTC default music player. Basically I'll be listening to some file or files and playback will just stop. I open the player in question and hit play and it keeps on going like nothing happened.

Has anyone else experience this type of issue? And if so have you been able to identify the cause? One common variable I think is using the headphone jack but I can't say for certain that is the case every time it's happened.

TIA,
John

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but I too am experiencing this problem, and pretty severely too. It does not matter which music app I use, and I've tried the stock music player, Meridian, WinAmp, PowerAmp (paid version), and others. No matter which I use, the music playback randomly stops and I have to restart playback. Sometimes it will continue playback as if nothing happened, other times it will continue to stop/crash. VERY frustrating. :mad:

EDIT: In my case, I am listening mostly to Ogg Vorbis files stored on my SD card.

Does anyone have any advice? Could it be related to my third-party 32gb SD card?

Upvote 0
It does not matter which music app I use, and I've tried the stock music player, Meridian, WinAmp, PowerAmp (paid version), and others. No matter which I use, the music playback randomly stops and I have to restart playback.

Does it always seem to happen with headphones plugged into the jack? I am wondering if the phone in incorrectly detects the phones being unplugged and pauses the playback. I have another issue with the jack which seems related, sometimes (about 1 in 20 times) the headphones get detected with a microphone and I have to unplug them and replug them to detect properly.

Upvote 0
Does it always seem to happen with headphones plugged into the jack? I am wondering if the phone in incorrectly detects the phones being unplugged and pauses the playback. I have another issue with the jack which seems related, sometimes (about 1 in 20 times) the headphones get detected with a microphone and I have to unplug them and replug them to detect properly.

I've never tried it without headphones, so I cannot yet narrow it down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones