Audio poppingSupport

1. JHiott

JHiott Member

New LG Motion running stock ICS is making popping noises when skipping tracks in Google Music or on stock music player so it's not an app issue. What's more frustrating is that it's intermittent. No EQ is running. I don't notice the pop when plugged in to headphones but I do notice noisy interference in the background when skipping tracks.

I have powered off and restarted the phone. Tried turning off wifi, data, bluetooth. Tried different cables. This is happening both in car and when connected to home stereo.
    Could it be a problem with the headphone jack?
    The first few times I listened I didn't notice the popping. The phone received the latest update a few days ago so maybe that was it.
    If I do a hard reset, I'll need to restore from backup right? Is there a program that I can use to backup to PC? I don't have an SD card yet.

Anybody else having this issue?
    I really love the phone otherwise and would like to avoid returning it.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

When did you get the phone? Are you rooted? Are you on firmware C, D, or E? Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version to find out. ;)
  3. JHiott

JHiott Member

Got the phone last week.

Not rooted

E firmware
  4. JHiott

JHiott Member

Tried a factory reset but still having same issue.
    Found out that the noise is also happening when switching phone from vibrate to sound mode also. Sounds like it could be something wrong with the audio chip.
    Thoughts?
  5. JHiott

JHiott Member

Update:
    Replaced phone but still getting popping sound when tracks skip.
    Also having same issue on F firmware that just came out.
  6. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

What apps do you have in the background?
  7. JHiott

JHiott Member

Using Bluetooth to stream music now, bypassing headphone jack.
    Problem resolved!