Audio + Power cord to hirdwire in the carAccessories

Last Updated:

1. vlad_inc

vlad_inc New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 8, 2010
    Was anybody able to find a solution to hardwire the phone to the car audio and power all through USB output?

I'm planning to get a 32G card and copy all my music on Incredible, and than use it as a in car player. I got 3.5 mm input into my car audio. But I don't want to use two different cords - 3.5 from the top for audio and usb from the bottom for power... It looks stupid, and if you do it often, plugging one thing instead of two is pretty important.

So right now from accessories on the market I think I can put together -
    HTC video cable +
    RCA to 3.5mm converter +
    usb car charger +
    charger adapter to hardwire into the car instead of using lighter socket +
    micro-usb extention cord
    ( to go to video cable, because video cable has that micro usb power right at the input end, so if you use just that in the car that it'll look stupid with all those connections right near the phone, instead of one neat cord coming out of it.)

That's 5 cords and adapters(!!!) to achieve simple task. I know I was researching MS Zune before (don't need it now:) and it had a simple accessory where you plug in one cord into Zune, and at the other end it had lighter plug 3.5mm audio output on it, so you use 3.5 to 3.5 cord with that and you all set.

Am I right there is nothing like that for Incredible?

Does anybody achieved this simple task of listening to audio and charging at the same time and how did you do it? (I hope with the smaller number of cords and adapters?)

2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I have a kensington liquidaux bluetooth kit. It plugs into the cigarette outlet and into the 3.5 mm aux port of the car stereo. Then I stream the music from my Inc over bluetooth. Sound quality is still good enough for me. It also has a usb port if you want to charge the phone via usb while in the car. Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit with Remote for Music Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories

You should be able to find it cheaper than this. Also, there may be similar products from other companies.
  3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I just bought a car charger off, took it apart, split the wires off my in-dash Cigarette lighter and soldered them onto the car charger. Then I took an exact-o-knife and cut a small slot for the USB port, and glued it in place.

Took about 45 minutes total. My stereo doesn't have a line-in, so I use an FM transmitter for audio-out, which can be placed anywhere.