• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio Question that I CANT get an answer for

dbzfan1000

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
I own the Galaxy s2 on sprint and im noticing a trend with every android phone I purchase, the audio output is bad. Im talking when you compare an android to an ipod or iphone, playing music in the car, there is a VERY noticeable difference. Im using a standard aux jack to run from my phone to my head unit, and its really annoying when I have an aftermarket head unit in my car with great equalizers and subs in my trunk, for my phone to be the bottleneck. Im using poweramp pro for my music, and I download all my music from musicjunk. I really hope I am doing something wrong, or using the wrong media player, but I cant find an answer for this question anywhere.

So my basic question is, How do I get better music quality out of my phone?

I use the stock media player on my GS2, with a custom set equalizer, and it sounds fantastic hooked up to my home stereo with a regular old RCA to phono cable...

Makes my JL 18W3 POUND! and all my satellite speakers SCREAM!

You're using one of the preset equalizer settings aren't you?
You need to "tune" the equalizer to your system.
With so many variables, you can't expect one equalizer profile to be the best sounding for every stereo system.
I have 125, 250 and 500 Hz set at 0.
1k Hz at +1
2k Hz at +2
4k Hz at +3
8k Hz at +4
and 12k Hz at +5

Just play around with the EQ settings and find what sounds best for your system.
Also, don't use bass boost, makers mix, loudness or any of those 1 touch features
like that.
If your serious about it, you can get your system to sound WAY better by spending 10-15 minutes playing around with the EQ settings...
Hell, my last truck I spent hours dialing in. I had one EQ setting for Slipknot type rock, 1 for Metallica type rock, 1 for Lynard Skynard type rock and like 3 different ones for rap because old Dre and Snoop type rap used a little bit higher bass freq(~500ish) than alot of the newer stuff did(~125ish)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones