Audio Randomly Stops Coming From Speaker, Only Audible Thru EarpieceSupport

Last Updated:

1. derrickonline

derrickonline Member This Topic's Starter

I had a hell of a time finding other people who have experienced the same issue, but I finally found a thread on Motorola's forums and I wanted you all to post here if you're experience the same issue, and hopefully also post to Motorola and Android (Bug) fix forums.

Motorola Forum:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16400

Android Bug/Code Fix Ticket:
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4653

Issue: Ringer and notifications volume are set to max loudness.

Problem: At some point phone rings/notifications tones become only audible through ear piece, no longer coming out of speaker. Thus causing me to miss calls and notifications.

Workaround: Reboot phone

Frequency of problem: Once per day or more!

Specs:
    Model: Droid
    Firmware: Android 2.0
    Baseband: C_01.3B.01P
    Kernel Vers: 2.6.29-omap1-g04d51f android-build@apa26 #477
    Build #: ESD20

Wireless Services Running When Problem is Experienced: Bluetooth (paired but not connected to BT device when issue occurs), WiFi on, but not connected.

Installed Applications: Advanced Task Manager, ASTRO (file manager), Barcode Scanner, Carda lite, CarDar lite, Compass, Craigsnotification, Craigsphone, DC Metro Map, Documents To Go, FeedR, FlightStats, Google Voice, KeePassDroid, Key Ring, Layar, Listen, Flixster, Note Everything, OpenTable, Music Online Lite, Paypal, Phonalyzr, PicSay Pro, Google Places Directory, Scan2PDF mobile, Share Your Board, Shazam, ShopSavvy, Slacker (radio), SMS Popup, SnapPhotoPro, SPB TV, Talk To Me, The Weather Channel, Translate, Twidroid Pro, Ultimate Stopwatch, Unit Converter, Verizon Visual Voicemail App, VLC Remote

I think we should all post information as I have done above so we can see if there is a common denominator. Maybe it's a piece of software causing this issue.

This issue could be a DROID specific issue, or it could be an Android 2.0 issue.I've opened a ticket with Google Android. I suggest you all do the same so both parties look into the issue.

GOOGLE PROJECT ANDROID 2.0 TICKET: 4653

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4653

Advertisement
  2. TheVaristy

TheVaristy Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue, however the phone doesnt vibrate for notifications either. I have found that placing an outbound phone call will resolve the issue. Still very annoying however. Give that a shot, and let me know if it helps.

3. smed1275

smed1275 Member

Mine has done it 4 times in the first week I had it. Cycling the power was the only way I found to resolve it. That is so far the only problem I've had with it. "knock on wood" Otherwise LOVE the device...

4. dep

dep Active Member

Same problem here too. Very annoying. I'll try a reboot.

5. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Well-Known Member

Same problem had ringers turned all the way up. And only thing that fixed it was a reboot.

6. keithk58

keithk58 Member

Same problem except It has only happened to the alarm clock sound. With the alarm volume all the way up I could barely hear it, presumably because the sound was coming from the earpiece. After I re booted the alarm volume nearly gave me a heart attack this morning it was so loud! Not going to use the alarm anymore until that gets fixed. :mad:

7. qsoundrich

qsoundrich Member

Having this problem on the Eris. Needs a fix right away!