• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio stuttering since 5.0 upgrade

tentimes

Lurker
Jan 6, 2015
Hi,

All my audio players are stuttering (iPlayer, TuneIn, Audible etc) since upgrading to Android 5. It seems to have some audio problems.

I cannot find any reference to this when searching.

Has anyone else had this problem or an opinion on why it may be happening? It is extremely frustrating.

To update this, I enabled developer mode (in the menu go to 'about' then software and tap "build no" several times until it allows you to enable a new options menu, "developer" options.

I then unticked "use nuPlayer" so it reverts to Awesomeo (or some such) then rebooted the phone.

There is now much less stuttering, nearly fixed but not quite.

I think there is an issue here but I cannot find a bug for it. It seems to happen mostly on bluetooth.

Upvote 0
I'm getting this as well.

Wondered initially if it might be a case issue, or having another BT phone in the car - but seems not.

After initiating bluetooth play, dOes not seem to stutter while the phone screen remains illuminated. Stuttering for me starts when the screen saver kicks in and the screen goes blank. Don't understand that.

David.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones