• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio via Blue Tooth

iram

Android Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2012
www.irasattic.com
I have a blue tooth ear piece that I use mostly when driving.

Is it possible to have other audio (not just phone calls) go through the ear peice.

As an example if I were using the gps function even using the equalizer app with my hearing its still hard to hear. It would be nice to listen via the earpiece .

My phone is not rooted

Thanks for any ideas if this is possible

I found an app called BTmono seems to work... I can listen to directions from Navigation app through the earpiece however as far as I can tell it doesn’t work with music or movies on the phone.

Found another app Mono Bluetooth Router which does not apparently work or at least I can’t get it to work so at the moment unless someone has a better app suggestion BTmono is the one.

Upvote 0
Thanks to all I did find BTmono it seems to work ok can hear navigation but not other audio

I'm using Sound About, with the default settings, except for under "bluetooth behavior". I had to uncheck "A2DP media audio usage" and check "Mono media audio usage" in order to get it work correctly. Only thing I noticed is the notification sounds don't come through when my netcast player is active but other than that I haven't had any trouble with it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones