Audio/Video Issue With In Dash NavigationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 3.5mm audio/video plug jacked in to my in dash navigation (AVIC-D1) so I can listen to music through the cars system and watch movies from my portable devices on the screen.

I've noticed that when I'm just using ear buds with my incredible, it has the headphones icon in the notification bar; but with my audio/video plug in the car, it displays the headset icon (i.e. the headphones with mic symbol).

The problem I'm having is that when I'm in the car, every once in a while, the phone seems to go a little crazy. I'll be listening to something and the audio will stop, the screen will come on, it starts to call the last person I called, ends the call, and then comes up to the hands free voice prompt (e.g. say command "call <contact name>", "text <contact name>", etc...)

My guess is that, since it appears to be recognizing the audio/video jack as a headset, that the mouth piece is picking up ambient sound and triggering this response. Though, if I were using a headset I wouldn't expect the on-phone mic to be active and I'm pretty sure the car doesn't have it's own mic.

Again, this doesn't happen all the time so I'm not sure what's actually triggering the funky chicken dance my phone does. Anyone else out there having a similar experience? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance for your responses,
    Chuck

Advertisement
  2. dslucki

dslucki Member

I read somewhere on these forums that you need to make sure the cable is plugged all the way in. Do you have a case which might be preventing the cable from going all the way in?

Just a thought...

3. ChuckFarley

At this point I'm still going raw dog with no case, and I'm sure that the jack is plugged all the way in.

After work it was going pretty crazy almost immediately, but this morning it was fine. I did turn the voice command and system volume down to zero, so that may have done something. I'll see if the problem persists.

4. ChuckFarley

So I'm still having issues and I can't seem to figure it out. At this point I'm thinking that the 3.5 jack might have some kind of static charge that's causing the problem.

The problem comes from the phone recognizing the connection as a headset, instead of just a headphone connection, with out communication only.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the headset function on the phone?