Audio/Volume amplifier

1. Sylerxen

Sylerxen Well-Known Member

Greetings all.
    I've had this issue urk me for quite sometime. It's the audio/Volume controls.
    For the galaxy s2, they suck. Badly. I'm rooted right now and the only thing that helped the
    Volume was the New Senzation ROM. Something about it boosted the volume to great lengths but I love the AOCP ROMs. They are my favorite so I run them and the volume is trash. Does anyone. And I mean anyone have any idea about any apps, and mods or whatever that would offer me the best music experience? Don't be shy... Help a sista out.

What I'm running : AOCP D710.
    Current music player : power amp. With equalizer

What I've used so far too help the issue :

Mp3 amplifier - I don't recommend. Adds 2 of the same song and even on the lowest level the songs still sounds distorted.
    Volume + free and paid versions - just doesn't work.
    Music volume EQ.
    Lastly Voodoo. -

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kamel

Kamel Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think you more or less answered your own question.

I think the only real fix is to get a ROM that has good volume to start with
  3. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Aosp ROMs have a low volume issue and volume plus does work. Upon launching it it tells u how to make it work with play power amp. U have to turn off direct volume control in the settings. U have to disable the equalizer In the music apps for it to work
  4. Sylerxen

Sylerxen Well-Known Member

I exaggerated a bit. It works but not that great. Gingerbread only, they said.
    It pumps it up just a titsy bit. Not enough to me. Till someone had
    Any other ideas, I'll just go back to the Senzation ROM
  5. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

Lol I'm on AOKP and i modded it so DSPManager would work... No more low volume. Its mainly the soundfx libs.

I will make a package for all the AOKP rom's that have that issue.
    Codegerm and SelfElevated2 like this.