Audio won't work on my computer when I email a video from my phone

Last Updated:

1. ewells1014

ewells1014 New Member This Topic's Starter

The audio/video works perfectly if I watch the recording on my phone, but when I email the video to my gmail account and save it to my computer, it opens in Media Player and there's no sound. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a Samsung Moment.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Your computer doesnt have the right codec to play the file. Rather than explaining how to do that, just download VLC Player, its free and will play that file. You can also try Quicktime too.

3. ewells1014

ewells1014 New Member This Topic's Starter

The problem is, I'm going to be submitting it to the Food Network site (it's a blurb I'm doing for the "Ask Ina" segment of the barefoot contessa). If I submit the video as is (with no audio) will they have to have the same capabilities on their computer/website to play it? Or, if I download the VLC player, can I convert the video to a different type of file so that it'll play on any system?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Again, the video HAS audio, your computer doesnt have the codec to play it. I would think a national network would have the capabilities to playback any kind of file, but to be safe you could convert the video using Handbrake.