Audiogalaxy alternatives?

1. vice86

vice86 Well-Known Member

With Audiogalaxy shutting down their service at the end of January and being acquired by DropBox...are there any other alternatives that are just as good??? I love the app and sad to see it go. Trying to find something that I can use on my phone AND desktop like AG let you do.

I've read up and tried Subsonic but never could get it to work right...i guess I could try again.

AudioTap was great for my iPhone but they have no mention of making it for Android.

Advertisement
  2. marioval

marioval Member

Emit and Qloud, though both made primarily for video, will work with audio. Certainly not as good as AG was but it's something. Plex also handles music but again it's made for video and the audio experience is not like what AG gave us.
  3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

So far I'm going to have to pay for Rdio since I need something that'll work through the browser and scrobble to last.fm remotely, since last.fm is blocked at my work. Rdio doesn't have all of my music but it's worth a try.
  4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and doing the Google Play Music thing. I'd have to upload my itunes collection to the cloud (a good thing, in the long run). But I'll be able to have my music everywhere with a 3g or wifi connection. It can be set up to automatically upload any new items added to your itunes library. And you can download songs to your phone for offline listening.
    The one drawback for me is that both me and my girlfriend also have Kindle Fires and we would have to mess around with rooting or some other type of workaround to get Google Play to work on those devices.
  5. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

you should try microsoft's skydrive it is a good site it has an android app as well. Qloud looks nice as well.
  6. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Subsonic is a great alternative. It does cost money though.
  7. vice86

vice86 Well-Known Member

I've been using JamCast as an AG replacement...works great and looks a lot nicer. ONly thing is they charge you for the server software.

Qloud is also good but no support for playlists like Jamcast/AG