1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

AudioManager Widget and Volume manager

Last Updated:

1. AJRocha

AJRocha Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Alex here with Smart Android Apps, just wanted to let the community know about our newest release to the market, AudioManager Pro. We have released a fully featured version of our popular Android widget/volume manager and we welcome you all to try it out and to share any feedback you may have about the app. This is not simply a marketing "stunt" but we're actually really interested in finding out what people think about this newest version of AudioManager. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us at any time (info@smartandroidapps.com).

AudioManager Pro for Android - Multimedia
    http://www.smartandroidapps.com/audiomanager.php

Here's a litte bit of info about our app:

Fully featured version of the popular AudioManager Widget and Volume manager.

Get all of your current volume levels straight from your home-screen. Tap on the widget to adjust volume levels independently.

Features:
    * 4 different widget skins
    * Save Audio Profiles (presets)
    * Create profile shortcuts
    * Mute, Loud and Save buttons
    * No ads

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards,

Smart Android Apps team

Advertisement
  2. Vandam500

Vandam500 Active Member

This looks amazing! As soon as my N1 arrives (Any minute now) I will try it out!

3. Pocalypse

Pocalypse Active Member

I've been using AudioManager since I got my phone a couple of months ago, and recently bought the paid version. Great app, very useful.

I have one question:
    Before some of the recent updates, specifically the one letting us specify an update interval, the app would auto update (I think?). Now, I'm a bit wary of setting it to update a lot because of the comment about battery usage.

What interval was it set to before you gave us the choice? Is there a way for you to make it auto update when the volume changes, without draining the battery? Does it really drain the battery that much if I set it to 1 minute? 5 minutes?

Thanks for a great app!

4. AJRocha

AJRocha Member This Topic's Starter

Dear Pocalypse,

Thank you for the feedback, to answer some of your questions:

Before some of the recent updates, specifically the one letting us specify an update interval, the app would auto update (I think?). Now, I'm a bit wary of setting it to update a lot because of the comment about battery usage.

A: Before the update, the default refresh interval was once every 60 minutes. We decided to make this option customizable for our users in order to add more flexibility to the widget.

What interval was it set to before you gave us the choice? Is there a way for you to make it auto update when the volume changes, without draining the battery? Does it really drain the battery that much if I set it to 1 minute? 5 minutes?

A: Unfortunately, there is no way for us to intercept whenever the phone's volume has been adjusted somewhere else (third-party app or volume keys to the side of the phone). This is another reason why we decided to let the user set the time they would like to refresh the widget and poll the values for each of the volume streams.

As far as battery usage, this can be very subjective and we advise for you to try different refresh rates until you feel comfortable with a value. You must also remember this will vary from phone to phone. The Nexus One battery life is pretty good and having your widget set to refresh every 5 minutes shouldn't impact battery life dramatically, however, this might not be the case with a Tmobile G1.

Hope this helps.

Smart Android Apps

5. Pocalypse

Pocalypse Active Member

Thanks for the information. I'm on a Droid Eris, which has some battery issues, so I'll set it to 20 minutes and see if I feel the effects. I doubt something as simple as checking volumes would drain the battery that much.

I guess before the update interval was exposed, it felt automatic even though it wasn't.

Thanks for the quick reply!

6. judge_droid

judge_droid Active Member

AJRocha, I doubt you'll notice this since it's a really old thread, but will try anyway.

Great app. Would it be possible for the widget to update whenever the screen gets unlocked by the user?

Also, when the widget is set to update say every 5 minutes, does it also update when phone is in sleep mode (maybe sleep mode means nothing runs except phone standby)? To me the ideal would be if it doesn't update in sleep mode, and then just update the moment brought out of sleep mode / screen unlocked.