WTF. why do they do this sh!t?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Do what? Have a wildly popular phone??

How dare they...

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Because there's a lot of people like you that want this device. I saw it in the flesh and it's a very, very nice device. I can see why there are delays. They tried to make sure there were enough to meet demand, but didn't know demand was going to be this great! Particularly, in a non-holiday season!

4. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

Sorry that you have to wait. I wish these phone manufacturers would pump them out faster.

That said, I'm glad I got up early on the 15th:D

bumpylemon likes this.
  5. maroonsloth

maroonsloth Active Member

FWIW, a lot of people are getting theirs before the estimated date. I ordered late last Friday night (the 16th) and it said it'd be shipped by 7/27. And like a lot of other people on here, I got an e-mail yesterday saying it had shipped already (a week early) and will arrive tomorrow.

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

August 3rd...really cause i already got mine..oh wait that is cause i went to the store on release day....

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  7. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Should have ordered sooner. You snooze you lose.

ndfan4u and ckochinsky125 like this.
  8. hahaha what

hahaha what Well-Known Member

dear god my eyes. op stains thine eyes with swearing

Ps awesome swype recognizes old english

9. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

No mercy u snooze u lose!!! :)
    Jk...hope u get one soon!

ndfan4u likes this.
  10. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

The dates are worst case scenario, CYA dates. Relax, they are sending them out as quickly as possible.

11. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

From my past experience in retail, I recall there are various FTC regulations in regards to order fulfillment, orders for product that is not currently in stock, etc. IIRC, they have to give you a date two-weeks out from the date of order with an option to cancel... If that changes, they have to give you a newer date, again - with an option to cancel. Yadda-yadda-yadda...

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

glad i got one on launch day. You should have known they would be sold out for a little while should have planned accordingly

13. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i guess ill be waiting a while for my replacement :( lol

14. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Sorry that you haven't been able to receive an X yet, just order and wait a little longer and you will have one. Still isn't as bad as the Incredible.

15. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

August 3rd is the same date they said they would ship my replacement DX (defective wifi). I hope it comes sooner though.

16. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

It can't be that bad. A colleague of mine saw my Droid X yesterday and liked it. Today he came in to work with one. Verizon store had them. No waiting list.

17. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, like they intentionally singled you out to make your life miserable.

As a matter of fact, if getting your new toy in your hands immediately is the only thing you have going for you in your life, then you seriously need therapy to learn how to be happy.

If you are happy and you're just whining, then please get over your entitlement issues. If you want everything fast and your way in this world, then please hit burger king. Aside from that, there are delays and cope. For the love of God, hit your doctor up for some prozac to get you through the few days you will have to wait.

You survived all these years without the phone. Is waiting really going to kill you?

This society has degraded into a group of not deserving babies who have huge entitlement issues when they deserve nothing. Cope, grow up. And to quote denis leary, "Life sucks, buy a helmet."

Unreal.

EDIT: I have decided to send out free tampons to anyone who just wants to whine and has the patience of a 2 year old. I will also out you as a complete loser.

JimmyRayBob likes this.
  18. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

I Raffed.

19. MisterChase

MisterChase Member

I just ordered the Droid X yesterday (7-20-10), through Wal-Mart.

Paid $125 (for the phone).

And it's on its way, arriving TOMORROW.

And that's in spite of it saying it was "backordered".

Ladies and gents, relax...

And head on over to Wal-Mart.com, and place your order. And just add coupon code "25RAFPCVER1" to slash the price to $124.99.

And in the meantime head on over to Pandora, enter "Minimal Techno", and chill with a cold beer.

20. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Maybe by the time it ships Froyo will be out for it [sarcasm]

21. lurker

lurker Member

Not necessarily. I ordered as soon as it became available, but others who ordered later than me are getting their phones.

22. passtheflask

passtheflask Member

it will more than likely come before the 3rd. i placed an order via phone for mine this past friday around 5pm and they said it wouldnt ship until this friday (the 23rd) and id have it by tuesday the 27th. to my surprise, however, it came tuesday of this week, just 4 days after ordering it. (even though saturday and sunday arent business days). i never even got a confirmation email or tracking number. so just sit tight, youll have it soon.

23. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

First off I think it's just where you live as to when you get your phone. Second it's just a phone. Chill people. It's like July 22 now it's literally a week away if not a little more. I get your excited to get your phone and/or replacement phone, but people should realize it's just a phone and not the end of the world that it's not coming overnight. I'm personally waiting until the intial rush is over so that if I have an issue then my chances of waiting will go down. Verizon didn't intend to not have enough devices for launch. They barely did any advertising for the phone as is so it's not like it was pumped across tvs in America. Basically it's just a phone and while it's nice to have it quick and fast it's not going to cause anyone to die from not having it ASAP. Just take this as a time to detox from technology if you want. Grab a hard back book and read or something in your spare time.:)

TaylorsCock likes this.
  24. jestyr

jestyr Member

Ordered mine off of Verizon's website Friday, showed up yesterday.

25. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

sorry you have to wait i got luckey and picked mine up today at sams club. they guy also offered to root my phone as well lol