Augmented RealityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone every play with AR apps on their Dinc? I have been screwing around with Layers and its fun and all but not really useful for me. I don't live in an area where I can walk from one place to another. Takes a couple miles in a car to go anywhere and google maps is better for that.

I do see a huge world open to gaming and hidden messaging for friends and family kinda like Geocaching but on a much locally and personal level. Leave a msg (either text or video) on your fridge for a family member. Tag your house with a msg for friends to come on in. Messages could be activated when your selected friends are within 100 yard range of your house. Sure you might say why not just send them a text or call them? What if you are not sure who is coming to a party. You can select a groups of friends to auto receive that msg only if they come so you don't look like a loser to everyone who is not coming. What about airports? An airlines can direct passengers to new gates just by AR. Passenger can use his or her phone to follow the highlighted trail leading to their new gate.

This could really get interesting if its used to its full extent. Can't wait to see where it all goes.:)

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The drive AR looks absolutely insane! I saw it a few months ago and nearly hit my jaw against my desk at work..

4. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

I get totally nerdy when I see AR stuff. This is the point in my life when I have to say that my idea of the future is starting to become less and less futuristic.

5. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Indeed it looks great :) cant wait to see what else they come up with :)