• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

August 4th maintenance release...

woke up in the middle of the night last night....checked the time.. bam had the update! so i ran it.. so far i cant tell what has changed, anyone know of a list of things fix/changed?

myTouch 3G Slide MR Update. [ Edited ]
Options
07-30-2010 04:58 PM - last edited on 08-02-2010 02:16 PM by Steven

Beginning August 4, T-Mobile will send an over-the-air (OTA) update to myTouch 3G Slide customers, which will provide a number of benefits, including increased battery performance and enhancements to software features such as Faves Gallery and Genius Button. This is not an update to the Android operating system (i.e. This is not Froyo/Android version 2.2).

The update will be sent to customers beginning August 4 and we anticipate all customers will receive it by August 19. Customers will be notified of the OTA via a free SMS text message from T-Mobile.

The timeline for receiving the OTA cannot be expedited. T-Mobile will be unable to manually push the software to customers who ask to receive it before August 19.

Improvements included with this update are as follows:

1. Battery Life:

Updates to the T-Mobile online contact backup connection, which will improve battery life.
2. Wi-Fi:

Ability to send MMS messages when connected to Wi-Fi.
3. Genius Button improvements:
Ability to turn GPS on and off using your voice, such as

Reactions: deathclutch
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones