August dated Captivates better?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qwertyaas, Aug 16, 2010.

1. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I read a few people stated they had a box dated in August with better results than the July or June dated Captivates.

Coincidence or did Samsung fix anything on the newer release?

Advertisement
  2. garyHal

garyHal Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Where on the box does it have the date? I went to an ATT shop and couldn't find any man dates. I asked the sales rep and she just says the date that they were shipped is only avail.

3. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    No they are not. No fixes have been implemented by Samsung and while some units may show less issues than others - they are all still having the same problem(s). Mark next month on your calendar and cross your fingers.

4. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Yeah, I think it's a case of there not being a good control methodology. So people download tons of apps, tweak, uninstall, re-tweak, etc. I think a new phone working is probably more about a fresh factory reset and more careful setup.

Terrigno likes this.
  5. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    North Carolina
    Extremely Agreed. A person who dont know what there doing with the device complains a lot. You always have those when it comes to these things lol

6. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Not sure really. I just heard a few people mention it.

True. Reminds me alot of OS discussions. How one persons Vista/7 install could run horribly while another runs perfect. Much easier to screw things up when nothing it limiting what you can do with the device.

7. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    I was just about to post about how Android seems more like a full blown OS (vs. a phone OS) and as a result, inherits some of the same complexities.

I was running the app, GPS Test, and it had zero lock, the phone was sitting on my little homemade stand, same position, and I opened up ATK, shutdown about 12-13 apps running (but not GPS Test), and within 10 seconds 6 sats showed up and 4-5 locked. That would suggest some kind of app conflict with something that was running in the background.

8. azan

azan Member

Jun 20, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I received my phone in July and haven't had any of the problems people are seeing (GPS, randomly shutting off, etc).