• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Australians beware! DO NOT USE US MAIL CONSOLIDATING COMPANY

Dollarbrand

Lurker
Nov 22, 2010
This is message to anyone living in Australia considering buying a tablet from a "US Distributor". Have them ship it directy, DO NOT USE A MAIL CONSOLIDATING COMPANY.

I bought one tablet from them plus the case on the first week of November. It is a little more expensive than getting it elsewhere but I still choose to buy from them because they are the great "Zenithink distributor" and if there's any kind of problem they could easily be reached. That was a costly decision I still struggle with. I think I should have bought direct from Zenithink between Singapore and Hong Kong and had them ship direct to Australia. I would have saved a lot, lot more money, and price was much less. But hindsight and all that :roll:

The whole problem started when I asked them to ship my order to a mail consolidating company to save on shipping fee, because although they ship for free to their fellow Americans they actually charge Australians $25 for USPS International. But later on I found out that this mail company has gone out of business, but say they are still accepting application and providing automated service on their website. But their physical office, the one who is supposed to receive the packages are closed Elkhart Indiana. So that means no one to receive the package. Upon learning this I have contact Zenithink.us to have the package returned to them or have it reshipped to another address as the first address is Invalid. In Australia we can send off a package by post and call it right back in one shot and have it redirected to wherever we really want it to go. Unfortunately seems like the US post is still horse and carriage. By that time the tracking # for the package shows undeliverable as their is no one to receive it. :?

USPS still refuses to help me. I have opened up a dispute with Paypal and Zenithink.us has gone the extra mile and is chasing down my package. :cool:

The latest report from Zenithink is: My tablet was delivered at 12:44 pm on November 19, 2010 in ELKHART, IN 46516. The item was signed for by B SAFFRON.

I guess USPS is not that archaic, they did deliver and got signature:
Tracking Number: 9121 7850 9140 1724 4837 74
Class: Priority Mail

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones