Authentication problems

Last Updated: 2013-02-21 03:25:07
  1. shantastic

shantastic New Member

I have read several other forums and have also Googled the issue I am having and I can't seem to find a straight or correct answer to resolve my problem.

I purchased a new Android 4.0 Trio 4.3 Internet Tablet today. I cannot get it to work with my Verizon Fios wireless Internet connection. I continued to get an authentication problem. Most of the other forums mention that this happened to them after an upgrade or that it comes and goes (the connection). I havent been able to establish a connection at all although other devices in my house are connected.

My connection is WPA2 PSK secured. I have turned wi-fi on and off, I have tried the password several times. I have turned the device on and off. I have chosen the "forget" option a few times. I am at a loss and am quite honestly considering returning this tomorrow as the amount of time I have invested in this so far isn't even worth the cost of this device.

If anyone has any sure fixes for this, please share. Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Given that this is a cheapo tablet, more than likely the WiFi is faulty and fluky. Cheap devices like this can often have WiFi connection issues. Not a lot you an do about it either apart from RMA, and returning it for a refund or replacement.