1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Authorizing Purchase stuck in market?

Last Updated:

1. Eve Oh

Eve Oh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. Just got my Evo and I love it but I have a problem.

I can download free apps fine, but when I goto buy one it keeps saying "authorizing purchase" and just spins on that forever. My checkout account shows the transaction and it charges my card but I can never download the app.

Any help? :eek:

Advertisement
  2. 2k2s2k

2k2s2k Well-Known Member

I think it's because they just got the market up and running properly again. I had the same problem with my Incredible earlier today. It took about 2 hours for better cut to finally get authorized and download. I tried switching to wifi and that didn't help either. I guess all you can do is wait for it to go through.

3. Eve Oh

Eve Oh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Oh i didnt realize it was having issues widespread.

Guess ill give it a little time. Its been a couple hours.

4. speedbagger

speedbagger Active Member

any update regarding this issue? i've been able to dl some apps but another (beautiful widgets) is hanging at 'authorizing purchase'.

i've battery pulled, factory reset and contacted the vendor who refunded so i could start over......still hanging.

5. kipsla

kipsla New Member

I had a similar issue with an app I bought - nose Candy. no matter what it kept validating the purchase despite rebooting and trying again many times. I contacted the developer and he said the purchase was fine. he could not see any issues. a week later I got a refund from him. ill try again when I have froyo on my desire...

6. speedbagger

speedbagger Active Member

is there a way to clear your market cache? or delete the market app then reinstall?

still hanging at 'authorizing purchase'.......

7. Keys767

Keys767 New Member

You can clear the Market cache in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market.

I had the same problem trying to download Twidroyd Pro. The developer actually cancelled the transaction, citing "Internal Market error".

But now, the

8. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

I was in your situation a few weeks ago.

What will likely happen is that your order will get cancelled because of a "market error" and you'll be stuck with a "Purchased" flag on that app in the market, which will block you from purchasing it or downloading it.

Basically, until Google fixes the problem, you'll be stuck.

I've even hard reset my device to remove the "Purchased" flag from the Market, but it doesn't help because it's on googles end... they need to fix this.

9. danarchy

danarchy Well-Known Member

I just ran into this issue trying to purchase Tasker. PayPal shows that the amount has been successfully charged, but my phone has been stick on 'Authorizing Purchase' for 30 minutes now.

10. skmadden1

skmadden1 New Member

To fix this problem, select "add new credit card" when given the option during the check out process in the android market. Go ahead and add a new credit card to your profile. This will prevent the authorizing problem during check out. Hopefully you have two credit cards. I had an Amex on file, but added my Visa. this solved the problem for me.

I belive the problem starts when you do a factory reset or upgrade of OS. I think the checkout gets corrupted and cannot charge to existing credit cards. Adding the new card will give market a fresh card to charge to, and it wont hang up.

Good Luck.

-Scott

11. ebisudave

ebisudave Member

skmadden1,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a consistently reliable solution.

I cleared the Market cache, rebooted the phone, and entered a new credit card.

None of it worked.

I have contacted Google support to request that they handle the problem.

12. skmadden1

skmadden1 New Member

One other things that may have affected it was turning the wifi off. Choose the new credit card using only the 3G netowrk, not wifi.

-Scott

13. skmadden1

skmadden1 New Member

Just to be clear. TUrn off the wifi. Choose a new credit card, or add one. THen make try your purchase using only the 3G. Keep the wifi off.

See if that works.

ambrozy likes this.
  14. ambrozy

ambrozy Member

Switching to 3g actually worked... Cant believe how stupid this really is....