Auto backlight issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Moxified

Moxified Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my new X10 for a few days now and find that the auto backlight seems to "seek" a lot. It will dim in quick blips till it is almost too dark and then jump to very bright and do it over again. Especially if I type landscape. Is this a known issue or do I possibly have a faulty light sensor?

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

It seems most of the Android phones do it... Well my X10 and my mates Desire.

Settings-sounds and display-brightness and turn off Adjust automatically.

3. Moxified

This is starting to get frustrating. I switched from iphone to the xperia because I'm not a trendy person, it was just the best at the time and now it isn't so hands down the best. That being said, the more I use this phone the more I find the awesome features cause trouble and have to be disabled so that the battery won't die and the screen won't flicker. They say to turn every possible feature including 3g, bluetooth and half the startup apps that do something cool just to get 24 hours of battery... not impressed.:mad:

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

If your not trendy you should have stayed with the iphone then :p the screen flicker is not just X10 though.

The only part of the phone I have disabled is timescape but if you look at what the battery has to power then it's no wonder battery life suffers. I used to have an old Sagem phone that would go for over 1 week on a charge. Now if I'm on the phone a lot I can kill the battery in 10 hours or less but now I'm used to the phone it doesnt bother me to much.

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Get the app from market Quick Settings and control your screen brightness yourself.

As for having everything switched off that really isn't the case. As long as your are on an 02? build you should be fine for a good day of playing with text/email/social networking and a bit of web browsing too. I do have wi-fi turned off unless I am at home or know I'm in a wi-fi freezone but nothing else. I've pretty much stopped app killing too. Most nights I go to be with between 25 and 40% battery depending on what kind of day its been.

6. Moxified

I would really rather not have to click around the screen to adjust brightness when there is a sensor that is supposed to do it for me... that's the point. I wonder if it is bad sensors, placement or just bad programing.

My battery did better last night. I was at like 50% after 14.5 hours of use/standby with not much disabled other than wi-fi which I leave off 99% of the time as I don't need it.

7. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

You saying it dims till its almost too dark then jumps to bright again?? That does not sound right. Sounds like there is a faulty sensor..

My screen does "seek" and adjust, but the difference is almost negligible. You can notice it going from one room to another for example, but certainly doesnt get so dim its almost unreadable. Id suggest taking it in and having it checked :)