Auto Brightness Auto ShutoffSupport

Last Updated:

1. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I have been having the same problem. We keep the auto-brightness option checked, but every so often we find that it goes back to manual mode--and it always reverts the phone back to full brightness setting. Any ideas why this would happen?

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

This happens with all Eris's.

Even ones rooted, with custom ROMs, based off of the original Eris Software.

Since the July OTA update, I've noticed this too.

If I'm using Camera, and I go 'home' then 'End Call' (to turn the screen off) too quickly, the brightness is SET at 100% by the time I turn the phone back on.

I have to put it back to Auto.

There isn't a good fix for this, except WAIT. If you use the camera, then go 'home' then turn the screen off, WAIT for the brightness to kick back down from 100% first.

Same with any flashlight app.

Same with a lot of SMS popup apps. They'll get it stuck at 100% also.

No good fix unless you root and use like a Froyo or Sprint-based ROM or ROM based on the older (less updated) Eris stuff (like ivan's eris_official).

3. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, thanks for the help!

4. dhrandy

dhrandy Well-Known Member

That's the main reason I have the power control widget up. Makes it much quicker to adjust the brightness.

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I noticed that with Dazzle too. It doesn't happen very often and that widget is on my home home screen. No problem.

I have never liked auto brightness but it works when I am outside. I usually keep it at 22%.