Auto Brightness broken?Support

1. flemolord

flemolord Well-Known Member

I notice that whenever I set my phone to auto brightness the display is very dim and doesn't adjust to changes in lighting. Am I the only with this problem? When I set it to auto it goes to 5% brightness and doesn't even change.

Advertisement
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I guess I haven't had it on long enough to see if it changes with changes in lighting. I just know that it isn't bright enough. Hopefully they will tweak their algorithms with the next update.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

It isn't totally broken but neither is it OK. Mine does vary brightness (albeit it with a big lag) but, unless I turn auto-brightness off, my screen never gets very bright.
  4. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Try turning off "Auto adjust screen tone" in the display settings. It's a power saving mode that totally screws with screen brightness.
  5. flemolord

Try that still doesn't work, I have everything off nothing seems to work.
  6. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Mine is really dim if I have it on as well.
  7. Slacker1313

Slacker1313 Active Member

Mine doesn't seem to work either. I turned it off as I noticed no changes and just adjust manually.
  8. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Alright, try downloading Lux and disable the system auto brightness. Then use lux to create your own interpolated curve. You have to train it for different ambient light levels. Combinations that have no explicit linked setting will interpolate between a higher and lower setting. i.e. you can link just a few amblient to screen brightness settings or a lot if you really want it specific to each ambient condition.
  9. jaysmd

jaysmd New Member

The auto brightness on this phone is really bad. i have given up completely after 3 weeks of trying. You will be much happier finding your balanced manual brightness and just getting used to that!
  10. flemolord

Seems its just not me, I also gave up and just rock with the manual, I have juice defender that actually manages and adjusts it for me.