1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Auto Brightness Inconsistent?General

1. EVU

EVU Well-Known Member

Seems my N7's auto brightness fluctuates a lot.
    Not really consistent.

It darkens when it should be brightening & vice versa - on occasions.

Where is the sensor located?

Any1 notice this fluctuation?

Advertisement
  2. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

Yeah the update made it worse, just turn off auto and set it manually. The sensor is next to the camera on the front at the top of the screen.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Its just to the right of the camera.

I haven't noticed any issues w brightness, and I always have it on auto
    metalbiker likes this.
  4. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

My screen starting constantly fiddling with the brightness after one of the updates (I don't actually remember which one - 4.2 I think). It got so annoying I disabled the auto setting. It would be sitting motionless in a fixed light environment and it would still fiddle the brightness constantly.
  5. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

I run in a pretty dark office and it goes up and down a little, especially with the lights off in the room
  6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Yup, I notice a slight flickering of the screen due to auto brightness adjustments quite often after 4.2 was installed. The lighting at our house is pretty dark so I imagine that has something to do with it.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Actually, I was reading a journal article just a second ago and noticed some flickering.

Mild annoyance, but I'm sure it'll get worked out
  8. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I've had my N7 since launch, and I gave up on auto brightness...
  9. brave_beaker

brave_beaker Active Member

two days ago i downloaded lux from google play, its pretty neat but then i uninstalled it again, i found that auto brightness is not that bad maybe because i am in bright lighting places almost all the time. why dont you try lux....
  10. sleezecheeze

sleezecheeze Well-Known Member

Auto always dramatized the screen flickering for me so I never used it. I find it easy enough to adjust it normally anyway.
  11. strollin

strollin Well-Known Member

One of the first things I did on my N7 was to turn the auto brightness off since it always seemed to keep the screen too dark for my taste.
  12. EVU

EVU Well-Known Member

Thanks all...at least I wasn't an outlier with a lemon N7.

Whew!
  13. Streetrodder

Streetrodder Member

Mine started that after the upgrade. Turned off Auto and fixed the problem.
  14. Trustdesa

Trustdesa Member

I cannot see any issue to be honest...it works quite ok imho