Auto brightness on 4.2.1General

1. gregrose

gregrose Member

Is anyone's brightness wacky after the update? Mine constantly changes every couple of seconds. I just had to turn it off.

Advertisement
    :
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i never used it tbh. even on my phone (lg esteem) and on other devices ive used it just doesnt work right (still use it on my phone tho) the battery is good enough that i dont have to use it. i just have it set about a quarter of the way over and its good :)
  3. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

sometimes i notice that it flickers on the home screen slightly even though auto brightness is off and screen is set to 1% brightness.
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

That's actually a very common issue. It's believed that it may be hardware related unfortunately, since it flickers sometimes if there is a lot of network activity while the screen is on a low brightness.

In my opinion, it may not be worth trying to replace since people have gotten many replacements in a row that had the same problem. Until Asus or Google addresses it, we may just have to learn to live.
  5. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

Mine does the exact same thing. I think I'm just going to turn off auto brightness as well. It gets annoying, the constant back and forth.
  6. gregrose

gregrose Member

It's definitely an issue with 421. It wasn't like this before. Maybe the next update will fix it